Disclaimer

I am not responsible if your devices send you back in time, explodes, implodes, bricks or flies into space from the use of any software I put up.

Search

Friday, February 14, 2014

New OpenWRT Repository

Since the upstream developers have stopped patching Attitude Adjustment OpenWRT, I won't be working on the old repo anymore.
The changes between Attitude Adjustment and Barrier Breaker is too big.
If you checked the github I have started a new repo, this time doing it the right way.
I split it into 3 parts just like how the developers are doing it.
There is luci, packages and the base OpenWRT repo.
This allows me to merge upstream changes easily while keeping my customisations.
Please feel free to git clone my repo and build you own firmware from it as well as fork it and make the changes.

I am still trying to find out why the Network Address Translation performance dropped drastically between Attitude Adjustment and Barrier Breaker.

1 comment:

Wilfried Gödert said...

Hi admin, i saw that you did start this year with barrier breaker.

In past you did ask for suggestions for the firmware. My suggestion is to change to the Multiwan 3

Its more easy to manage and works great. Additional the instructions are much better explained.

Another suggestion is to include the broken openvpn package. security and privacy is amost wanted feature. Have more importance than speed sometimes.

Maybe a step by step manual how to use yours optimised firmware as a base and compile a own version will find a lot of friends in yours blog...
or a step by step instruction for extroot. I know such instructions we can find at the openwrt wiki. But yours talent is to use much better words how to do things.