Disclaimer

I am not responsible if your devices send you back in time, explodes, implodes, bricks or flies into space from the use of any software I put up.

Search

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dissemble Acer Aspire 4740G

I have dissembled the Acer Aspire 4740G and clean up the internal crap from Acer.
Here is the preview of the temperature improvements
Dissembled Picture:

Look at the shody application of thermal paste it is a total mess

Close up view of the mess Acer Made (Too much thermal gunk inhibits thermal transfer)


After I cleaned up all the thermal crap.The chip surface is mirror shine.

I used Brasso to remove the tarnish Copper Stain on the heatsink and made it mirror shine as well.
(After using Brasso I used Isopropyl Alcohol to clear up all traces of Brasso)


Temperatures Before Clean Up


Temperatures After Clean Up:


The famous MSI Kombuster Temperature Graph 

5 comments:

TRjoan said...

can you make the video Acer 4740g assemble and dissamble full?

Admin said...

I have shared the Service Guide in the download link of this post.

xellex said...

hello admin... Did you put thermal paste after?

Admin said...

Of course a thin layer of thermal paste is mandatory don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Ray L said...

hi there, I would like to ask the guide for dissambling this laptop. I need to apply thermal paste on it too.