Firstly I don't support piracy, please do this only if you have the original Vista License Sticker (Above) on your System.
The reason I am doing this post is because OEM Vendors usually install Vista 32bit on Retail Systems, however you can get more performance on your system if you used a 64bit OS instead, it is unfair to users to bear the system limitations.
What this guide is good for?
- You want a bloatware free Vista Install at the same time you don't want to purchase another Vista License.
- You want to upgrade your original 32bit Vista to 64bit Vista
- You lost the original recovery partition and do not have the recovery cd and yet you don't want to buy the recovery cd or a new Vista License.
NOTE: This will only work for Laptops or OEM Desktops preloaded with OEM Vista as these Systems has a special SLIC 2.0 BIOS which enables OEM Activation.
Do not message me HERE on how to make this work on Systems that do not have OEM Vista preloaded with it.
Lets take for example the Acer Aspire 4530 Laptop (Tested).
On a Vista Client 32bit OS it can only utilise up to 2.8GB of RAM regardless of the Total RAM available.
(Maximium usable RAM is 3GB in all 32bit Vista Editions)
However on a Vista Client 64bit OS it can support up to 3.8GB of RAM
(Assuming you have the maximum 4GB installed)
The performance difference is significant 1.0GB difference.(the missing 0.2 is due to 9100MG Integrated Graphics).
Backup All Your Important Data Before Proceding !
- Firstly google and prepare all the 64bit Vista Drivers you need.
- Next take any retail copy of Vista (or download an uncracked version from Bittorrent. There is no need to get a retail CD-Key as we will be using OEM CD-Key) and install the type you own.
Example if you have a Vista Home Premium License Sticker, install the Vista Home Premium Version.
- Uncheck Automatically Activate When Online, and Do Not type in any Product Key.
After installing and setting up the OS, download the Acer OEM Certificate and put it inside :
If you don't have the folder, create it.
Then open up a Command Windows with Vista Administrative Permission and Enter the Commands below.
slmgr.vbs -ilc C:\Windows\System32\OEM\Acer.xrm-ms
Next, choose one of the Acer OEM Keys shown below the version you have installed in your system:
Note the OEM Keys are NOT UNIQUE meaning EVERY Acer Laptop which has Vista Preloaded is using one of the following CD-Keys, depending on the version of Vista.
Then install the 64bit drivers.
You are done.
Note: The Activation is done offline, you do not need any internet connection to do this.
If you have other Vendor laptops, PM me for their respective OEM Certs and CD-Key if you need it.
Use this keyfinder to check your current OEM License Key and match it to the appropriate OEM Certificate
Toshiba Certificate Download (There are 4 Certs try the correct one)